|Corn Bread Stuffing with Apples and Pecans |
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 box of Mrs. Cubbison's corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water for less sodium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery and simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Add apples, pecans and corn bread stuffing mix.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth (or water) and stir well.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes for a crispy top.
Makes 5-6 cups
Recipe by My San Francisco Kitchen at http://www.mysanfranciscokitchen.com/corn-bread-stuffing/