|Chocolate Butterfinger Cookies |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 king-size Butterfinger bar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In a standalone mixer (can also use electric beaters), beat the room temperature butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamed together with paddle attachment.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour/cocoa/baking soda/salt mixture a little at a time into butter/sugar/eggs/vanilla mixture by beating at low speed until well blended.
- Crush the Butterfinger bar with the bottom of a butterknife into chunky pieces.
- Mix in the Butterfinger chunks by hand using a large spoon.
- Using a teaspoon or cookie batter scooper, drop rounded batter onto cookie sheets, leaving an inch around each cookie drop.
- Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over-bake or cookies will be hard.
- Let cool 2 minutes or more before transferring to a cooling rack to avoid the cookies falling apart.
- Enjoy with a glass of cold milk.
Makes 16 cookies
Recipe by My San Francisco Kitchen at http://www.mysanfranciscokitchen.com/chocolate-butterfinger-cookies/