Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (~2 lbs)
- ½ cup water
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Flour tortillas
- Optional: shredded Mexican cheese blend, avocado, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, fresh cilantro
- Slice the pork sirloin into four pieces and add to a large crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and set to "high."
- Cook for 4 hours, until pork is easily shredded with two forks.
- Transfer the meat to a large plate and shred with two forks.
- Add to the center of a warmed flour tortilla and top with you favorite toppings (see ideas above).
Recipe by My San Francisco Kitchen at https://www.mysanfranciscokitchen.com/slow-cooked-pork-tacos/